Please note: if you submitted a road traffic incident report on this site, you'll be able to download a copy of your report once you've submitted it. That report is a collision report. You can then send that report to your insurance company or solicitor. 

For insurance claims or civil proceedings, you can apply for a copy of traffic collision reports the police hold, or request an interview with the police officer who dealt with the collision.

You won't be sent a report until any investigation into the incident is over. If an officer didn't attend the incident, there won't be a report.

Before you contact us, check with your insurance company and/or solicitor. They may have already asked for a copy on your behalf.

How to apply

Download and complete the relevant form(s) below.

You'll need a traffic case reference number. This will be either a 5 or 6 digit number.

(This is not the same as a Staffordshire Police incident number, which looks like this: SP/0000000/1234.)

If you don't have a traffic case reference number, fill in the 'Request a traffic case reference number' form below.


Check the relevant form below to see how much your request costs.

Add £35 for administration costs.

Write a cheque for the total amount in pounds sterling. Make it payable to 'Staffordshire Police'.

Enclose it with your form and send it to:

Justice Services Support Unit
PO Box 3167
ST16 9JZ

If you have any questions, please email us.

How long does it take?

Please allow up to 12 weeks from the date of banking to receive your information. This may take longer in the case of prosecution files or where driver information is not yet available.